BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AUDITS
Increase your opportunities to develop more business
If you are not obtaining sufficient opportunities to pitch for work then a business development audit may highlight areas that could be enhanced to promote more enquiries.
Our approach is flexible to suit your available budget. A quick overview might be all that is needed and would involve:
- An analysis of the current winning work methods using our seven stage process
- Making recommendations to enhance and improve the marketing and business development activity
This could lead to
- Implementing recommendations by your internal resources. Alternatively we could provide the required resource for the short term or ongoing basis
- Training or coaching of your key business development team
As part of the business development audit we can also look at and undertake a review of current service delivery. This is to establish if the business is obtaining the maximum amount of available repeat work from existing and past clients
It is usually harder and more time consuming to win new clients rather than to secure repeat business. To assist in the capture of new work from existing clients it is beneficial to be aware of what the client thinks of you and your competitor’s service. To assist in this evaluation we are able to undertake:
- Client and target client surveys to obtain feedback on your performance and that of your competitors
- Competitor analysis
- Advice in respect of service enhancements to assist in the conversion of future leads & enquiries
- Pipeline development and reporting on KPI’s which matter to you and your clients business
Client retention and protection
Having obtained a prestigious assignment there would be a need to put in place plans for client retention and protection. This would maximise the life time value of the client to your business and help prioritise your client relationship building activities. The business development audit would also highlight how best to enhance current practice in this area.
We engaged Potentialise to help us review our current business development approach and with their help were able to put in place a focussed and restructured approach to securing more major projects.
Des Ponsonby, Managing Director, Corporate Solutions Logistics
Your audit of our current business development practice and advice on establishing specific client needs has been very beneficial.
Stephen Newman, Director, Allbritain-Barefoot Ltd